Search results for 1 - 10 of 37
- The Plantation Letters
- Digitized letters from the Cameron Family Papers pertaining to slavery in southern U.S. states. For complete details, visit http://plantationletters.com/
- Biography of George Washington Carver
- [Photo: George Washington Carver ]
George Washington Carver (July 12, 1864 – January 5, 1943) worked in agricultural extension at the Tuskegee Institute, in Tuskegee, Alabama, teaching former slaves farming techniques for self-sufficiency. His exact birth day (and year) is unknown, yet it is know...
- Abraham Lincoln
- Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865), sometimes called him Abe Lincoln and nicknamed-Honest Abe, the Rail Splitter, and the Great Emancipator,he was the 16th President of the United States. The first president from the Republican Party. Lincoln opposed expansion of slavery and oversa...
- Life of Harriet Tubman
- Harriett Tubman was born somewhere between the years of 1820 and 1825 on Brodness Plantation in Maryland. She died March 10, 1913 around the age of 93. Best known for transporting many slaves to freedom, Harriett also spied for the Union during the Civil War. Everything she accomplished was don...
- 1619 The 1st African slaves arrive in Virginia